SHOULD I CHARTER A MONOHULL SAILING YACHT OR A CATAMARAN?
- Look: a monohull sailboat is considered a classic option, characterised by a sleek, timeless, and sporty design.
- Performance: monohulls are more responsive and manoeuverable while under sail. The boat heels naturally and slices through the water smoothly, which makes for a very pleasurable sailing experience.
- With easier access and lower costs in Marinas, monohulls tend to take up less space compared to multihulls.
- A lower Purchase price.
If you are looking for an authentic sailing experience with a rush of adrenaline, go for a monohull like Bavaria or Galeon yachts.
- Space: a catamaran provides plenty of space and living areas, giving you the possibility to invite friends and family without compromising the comfort on board.
- Stability: catamarans remain stable in waves and do not heel very much, which is an advantage if you go sailing with children.
- A cat's shallow draft allows you to anchor in shallower water, close to shore
- Easy dockage: A cat has two engines and thus easier manoeuvrability on the spot.
A family looking for space, comfort, and stability, friends looking for a private charter to spend the day on board, should consider a catamaran like Nautitech, Fountaine Pajot sailing catamaran or Fountaine Pajot Motor yacht.